Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading CPU For Gaming

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DazedDean

DazedDean

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 16 April 2016 - 09:18 PM

Hi, recently I've been searching for a processor for my PC, but I can't seem to find any decent processors that use a FM2+ socket. My main reason for wanting to upgrade is to play games such as Fallout 4 & Black Desert at a better quality, and maintaining a FPS of 30 or more. Here are my specs:

Processor: AMD A4-7300 APU with Radeon HD Graphics

Installed memory (RAM): 16.0GB

Opperating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10586), 64-bit

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Power Limit: 380 Watts

If there's any other information you need please ask. Thanks!  :)

Edited by DazedDean, 16 April 2016 - 09:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TarianDeath

TarianDeath

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2016 - 10:36 PM

So the best processor for the FM2+ socket is AMD A10 7850K. This may give you the boost you want, but one major thing is that you won't be able to get steady 30fps with your graphics card at anything super high detailed (high - ultra) for most games. This is a video of someone benchmark Fallout at ultra with specs similar to yours but a better CPU (one slightly worse then the A10 7850K) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXsoRkFwrno. Same idea for black desert.

#3 DazedDean

DazedDean
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 16 April 2016 - 11:19 PM

So the best processor for the FM2+ socket is AMD A10 7850K. This may give you the boost you want, but one major thing is that you won't be able to get steady 30fps with your graphics card at anything super high detailed (high - ultra) for most games. This is a video of someone benchmark Fallout at ultra with specs similar to yours but a better CPU (one slightly worse then the A10 7850K) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXsoRkFwrno. Same idea for black desert.

This is perfect. Thanks so much for the help! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users