Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'Basic' - Sudden and Unusual Poor Performance Speed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Thebaine

Thebaine

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 16 April 2016 - 05:41 PM

I'm looking to do the rounds with all of the best software and methods. I think I may have drank too much one night and accidentally opened a downloaded "media" torrent which contained an executable and clicked to run it by mistake. Ever since there have been mild odd malfunctions which almost seemed so subtle that they were mere glitches as we see in all technology. Technology has a personality, at least mine. But suddenly the same programs I always run somehow seemed to slow the computer down immensely and everything began to freeze up. If I stay in one window I'm fine for a while but opening/closing programs is seeming to take triple the time than before.

I have a feeling there was a manual I missed but if you tell me what to do to just give my laptop a full check-up and colonoscopy I would be ever so grateful. (Windows 10)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 iangcarroll

iangcarroll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 16 April 2016 - 07:27 PM

Hi,

Let's see if there is an infection; please follow the instructions below. Also, is there a certain type of program loading slower? or just all of them?

:step1: lv0mVRW.pngJunkware Removal Tool (JRT)
  • Download Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) and move it to your Desktop;
  • Right-click on JRT.exe and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);
  • Press on any key to launch the scan and let it complete;
    tLsXbWy.png
    Credits : BleepingComputer.com
  • Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;
:step2: zcMPezJ.pngAdwCleaner - Fix Mode
  • Download AdwCleaner and move it to your Desktop;
  • Right-click on AdwCleaner.exe and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);
  • Accept the EULA (I accept), let the database update, then click on Scan;
  • Let the scan complete. Once it's done, make sure that every item listed in the different tabs is checked and click on the Cleaning button. This will kill all the active processes;
    CfdTLN1.png
  • Once the cleaning process is complete, AdwCleaner will ask to restart your computer, do it;
  • After the restart, a log will open when logging in. Please copy/paste the content of that log in your next reply;
:step3: aOpBoaQ.pngMalwarebytes Anti-Malware - Clean Mode
  • Download and install the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    Note: It's your choice if you want to enable the free trial of Malwarebytes Premium or not. Enabling it will give you real-time protection from the program, as well as access to all the Premium features.
    Note: If you have Malwarebytes already installed, you don't need to install it again. Simply start from the next bullet point;
  • Once Malwarebytes is installed, launch it and let it update his database. You might have to click on the Update Now button;
  • Once the database update is complete, click on the Scan tab, then select the Threat Scan button and click on Start Scan;
  • Let the scan run, the time required to complete the scan depends of your system and computer specs;
  • Once the scan is complete, make sure that the checkbox by Threat is checked (it means that every item detected is checked), then click on the Remove Selected button;
    L9PN4j1.png
  • Click on Save Results after the deletion (in the bottom-right corner) and select Copy to clipboard. Paste the content in your next reply;
Your next reply should contain:
  • Copy+pasted JRT log;
  • Copy+pasted AdwCleaner clean log;
  • Copy+pasted Malwarebytes clean log;

Ian Carroll https://ian.sh • Certly Inc

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

#3 Thebaine

Thebaine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:56 AM

It wasn't a particular program per se .. it was just when I switched applications everything would freeze. I could browse and the speed wouldn't be affected no matter the amount of media or RAM used by the browser or a particular game. It was just when I would flip between the programs that everything would freeze although this had never occurred before. I have a great assortment of security programs I rely on and have run my computer through other software that has cleared it as did these mostly as you'll see in the logs. I'm not sure what it is because it's a noticeable difference and it had never happened before. It was obvious and sudden and a huge leap from the previous performance to which I had become accustomed. It freezes so badly at times I'll have to hard restart by holding down the power button ;[ I know something is wrong just not sure what. So I came here to trouble shoot because you guys are the most thorough. <3 Thanks for taking your time to help, it's greatly appreciated.

# AdwCleaner v5.032 - Logfile created 03/02/2016 at 06:08:41
# Updated 31/01/2016 by Xplode
# Database : 2016-02-02.1 [Server]
# Operating system : Windows 10 Home  (x64)
# Username : Thebaine - AB-PC
# Running from : C:\Users\Thebaine\Downloads\adwcleaner_5.032.exe
# Option : Cleaning

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Folders ] *****

***** [ Files ] *****

***** [ DLLs ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

[-] Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Google\Chrome\Extensions\bmkckgpgekmanipelfidlhmkfcjicion

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

[-] [C:\Users\Thebaine\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences] [Extension] Deleted : bmkckgpgekmanipelfidlhmkfcjicion
[-] [C:\Users\Thebaine\AppData\Local\Comodo\Chromodo\User Data\Default\Web Data] [Search Provider] Deleted : ask.com
[-] [C:\Users\Thebaine\AppData\Local\Comodo\Chromodo\User Data\Default\Web Data] [Search Provider] Deleted : aol.com
[-] [C:\Users\Thebaine\AppData\Local\Comodo\Chromodo\User Data\Default\Web Data] [Search Provider] Deleted : fl-studio.en.softonic.com
[-] [C:\Users\Thebaine\AppData\Local\Comodo\Chromodo\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences] [Extension] Deleted : bmkckgpgekmanipelfidlhmkfcjicion

:: "Tracing" keys removed
:: Winsock settings cleared

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C1].txt - [1419 bytes] ##########
# AdwCleaner v5.114 - Logfile created 28/04/2016 at 10:05:20
# Updated 27/04/2016 by Xplode
# Database : 2016-04-27.1 [Server]
# Operating system : Windows 10 Home  (X64)
# Running from : C:\Users\Thebaine\Downloads\AdwCleaner.exe
# Option : Clean

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Folders ] *****

***** [ Files ] *****

***** [ DLLs ] *****

***** [ WMI ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

[-] Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{0AA24E16-07B3-4694-8357-3C21ACC5F516}
[-] Data Restored : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes [DefaultScope]
[-] Data Restored : HKU\S-1-5-21-3220467821-1601342497-618003522-1001\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes [DefaultScope]

:: "Tracing" keys deleted

C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C1].txt - [2549 bytes] - [03/02/2016 07:08:41]
C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [2771 bytes] - [03/02/2016 07:02:44]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C1].txt - [2695 bytes] ##########

#4 Thebaine

Thebaine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:00 AM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Malwarebytes
Version: 8.0.6 (04.25.2016)
Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 
Ran by Thebaine (Administrator) on Thu 04/28/2016 at  7:07:37.33

File System: 0 

Registry: 2 

Successfully deleted: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{44B13342-39BE-41A6-80E2-20B61E440069} (Registry Key)
Successfully deleted: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{44B13342-39BE-41A6-80E2-20B61E440069} (Registry Key)

Scan was completed on Thu 04/28/2016 at  7:20:11.60
End of JRT log

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org

Scan Date: 4/28/2016
Scan Time: 7:21 AM
Logfile: 
Administrator: Yes

Version: 2.2.1.1043
Malware Database: v2016.04.28.03
Rootkit Database: v2016.04.17.01
License: Premium
Malware Protection: Enabled
Malicious Website Protection: Enabled
Self-protection: Disabled

CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: Thebaine

Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 474126
Time Elapsed: 45 min, 45 sec

Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Enabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Enabled
PUM: Enabled

Processes: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Modules: 0

Registry Keys: 0

Registry Values: 0

Registry Data: 0

Folders: 0

Files: 0

Physical Sectors: 0

(end)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# AdwCleaner v5.032 - Logfile created 03/02/2016 at 06:08:41
# Updated 31/01/2016 by Xplode
# Database : 2016-02-02.1 [Server]
# Operating system : Windows 10 Home  (x64)
# Running from : C:\Users\Thebaine\Downloads\adwcleaner_5.032.exe
# Option : Cleaning

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Folders ] *****

***** [ Files ] *****

***** [ DLLs ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

[-] Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Google\Chrome\Extensions\bmkckgpgekmanipelfidlhmkfcjicion

[-] [C:\Users\Thebaine\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences] [Extension] Deleted : bmkckgpgekmanipelfidlhmkfcjicion
[-] [C:\Users\Thebaine\AppData\Local\Comodo\Chromodo\User Data\Default\Web Data] [Search Provider] Deleted : ask.com
[-] [C:\Users\Thebaine\AppData\Local\Comodo\Chromodo\User Data\Default\Web Data] [Search Provider] Deleted : aol.com
[-] [C:\Users\Thebaine\AppData\Local\Comodo\Chromodo\User Data\Default\Web Data] [Search Provider] Deleted : fl-studio.en.softonic.com
[-] [C:\Users\Thebaine\AppData\Local\Comodo\Chromodo\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences] [Extension] Deleted : bmkckgpgekmanipelfidlhmkfcjicion

:: "Tracing" keys removed

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C1].txt - [1419 bytes] ##########
# AdwCleaner v5.114 - Logfile created 28/04/2016 at 10:05:20
# Updated 27/04/2016 by Xplode
# Database : 2016-04-27.1 [Server]
# Operating system : Windows 10 Home  (X64)
# Running from : C:\Users\Thebaine\Downloads\AdwCleaner.exe
# Option : Clean

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Folders ] *****

***** [ Files ] *****

***** [ DLLs ] *****

***** [ WMI ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

[-] Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{0AA24E16-07B3-4694-8357-3C21ACC5F516}
[-] Data Restored : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes [DefaultScope]
[-] Data Restored : HKU\S-1-5-21-3220467821-1601342497-618003522-1001\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes [DefaultScope]

:: "Tracing" keys deleted

C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users