Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shut Down Issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shyguy8413

shyguy8413

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:09 PM

well, I cleared the spyfalcon virus a couple weeks ago from my computer with a special download from an antivirus website. the trouble is, now, after i go to start menu, click - turn off computer, then select turn off, the trouble begins. the computer then goes to the 'saving your settings...' screen, then to the 'windows is shutting down' screen, but that's all. i've left it alone for hours only to come back to the 'windows is shutting down' screen. i have to hold the power switch down in order to shut it off, and i can't restart the computer because it still goes to the 'windows is shutting down' screen and stays there. anyone have any advice?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 05 August 2006 - 06:22 AM

Resources to help troubleshoot shutdown problems in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308029/en-us

See if this helps.

#3 gatetech72

gatetech72

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:05 PM

Have you tried to get into safe mode?

if you can get into safe mode try disabling all startup items then reboot. Or you might have to create a new profile .

Also try last known good configuration

#4 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:32 PM

Also, go HERE and follow all of these instructions for removal of Spyfalcon. You may still have remnants.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users