Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

\Windows\sysWOW64\regsrv32 infected

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 rmoyers

rmoyers

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 16 April 2016 - 05:28 PM

I've looked for this topic on the forum and not found it.  If this is a repetitive post, be glad to pointed in the right spot.

I've installed Malwarebytes and it has scanned my computer and gives a clean report.  However it keeps warning me of this:

Malicious Website Protection, Domain, 162.221.227.242, 218131.adsdomain.org, 63741, Outbound, C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32.exe

So the question is how do I remove this from my system?  I've tried TSSDKill and it gave me a clean scan.  This file cannot be removed without permission from TrustedInstaller.  Can I remove this file from my computer and once removed will my system still function.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rmoyers

rmoyers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 16 April 2016 - 07:09 PM

Hey guys, was able to remove this file and all seems fine now

Mod Edit:  Following posted by OP via Report button

"Hey just as a followup, I thought this was fixed by removing the offending file, but on reboot the problem occured again with a different file name.

I wiped my system and reinstalled windows. Now everything is fine."

Edited by hamluis, 20 April 2016 - 09:43 AM.
Edited post - Hamluis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users