Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktops

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 debodun

debodun

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 16 April 2016 - 03:21 PM

Are desktops becoming dinosaurs? Almost everyone I know has a laptop or tablet. I've always had a desktop since I don't have to take a computer anywhere. I also think they are more upgradable and expandable (my misconception?). What would be some good things to look for on a desktop these days?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,347 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 17 April 2016 - 06:39 AM

Only advantage laptop has against desktop is ability to easily carry it around. Desktop has more computing power and much cheaper parts. Desktop is much more durable and easier to upgrade. Also it's not so easy to "forget" desktop somewhere while laptops are lost very often.

(Pressed save changes too early)

Basically laptops and tablets are for casual use. Doing anything more serious is much easier with desktop. Even good keyboard+mouse is good enough reason for this. Then again nowadays there are much more casual users than before.

For things to look at desktop depends on what you are planning to do with it.

Edited by Drillingmachine, 17 April 2016 - 06:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users