Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

adjusting monitor screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 godzilla1347

godzilla1347

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 16 April 2016 - 12:00 PM

I have an old viewmate monitor l7031ld and I notice that the screen is centered too far to the right so that the slide bar on the right for word files is barely accessible. I"m not sure how to move that screen to the left where it has plenty of room. There are 4 buttons on the front of the monitor.<, >, +  and - and they do create adjustments but I don't see a setting for moving an off-centered screen to the left. 

Interestingly, the options menu has started on its own and keeps cycling on the screen and I was able to stop it by using the + button but am not sure if I stopped it temporarily from cycling and will know if it starts doing that again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 16 April 2016 - 12:21 PM

I think the monitor needs a good dusting inside.  The stuck/intermittent control buttons are acting up.  You should be able to shift the entire display left, right, up, down, from those selections from the menu.

#3 godzilla1347

godzilla1347
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 16 April 2016 - 03:04 PM

The problem I'm having is that I can activate each choice and see the changes on the screen,  but I don't see a choice for moving the screen left and rigfht. It many be the nomenclature I don't understand. The screen shows these choices, Contrast, brightrness, H-size, V=size, H-phase, Pincushion, keystone, rotation, color temp. gegaize amd recall. I don't see a choice for moving the screen left. The screen is uncentered to the right. .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users