Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

top : c000035 the program can't start because %hs is missing from your computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 leopach

leopach

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 16 April 2016 - 11:34 AM

Hi guys. First I wanted to be sure I read a lot of possible solutions for this problem and try them myself but Im done now...I dont know what else to do, so I hope you could help me out.

I have a Samsung laptop Core i5 with win 7, 32b and two partitions. the day before Yesterday I had the first problem with the C000035 error after some system updates but I was able to get into the desktop by force-turning off and then went through Startup Repair..everything worked fine..but yesterday some updates where installing and when tried to restart I had this error again but know I cant log in. Ive tried the following:

1. Startup repair. It says it worked but then takes me to the blue screen with the error again.

2. Search Image. I had some backup on an external drive but when I plug it in it doesnt recognize it, it doesnt appear in my drives.

3. Restore: I ve tried going back AS far as the options I have and it doesnt work.

4. FRST. Ive downloaded FRST  put it on a flashdrive and tried to runnit from command prompt/notepad/open BUT the flash drive doesnt appear there...It doesnt read it or something messed up with the USB driver so this option is not working for me..

5. Windows recovery disk, I have not tried this one since I dont have a recovery disk, this a laptop Ive had since 2012 and didint have a problem before...

So any thoughts? any other possible solution? Can I reinstall without a cd/dvd? What do you guys recommend?

please help out!

regards!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 17 April 2016 - 06:40 AM

Did System Restore work successfully or did it fail when you attempted to use it?

If it failed, then the symptoms may point to a hard drive problem.

Please try these free, bootable diagnostics (start with the hard drive test):  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

Have you tried restoring the system to it's factory state? (this will wipe out everything on the computer)

If not, you can try pressing F4 while it boots to get to the recovery partition.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 leopach

leopach
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:28 PM

Did System Restore work successfully or did it fail when you attempted to use it?

If it failed, then the symptoms may point to a hard drive problem.

Please try these free, bootable diagnostics (start with the hard drive test):  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

Have you tried restoring the system to it's factory state? (this will wipe out everything on the computer)

If not, you can try pressing F4 while it boots to get to the recovery partition.

Ive tried several several times before...It didnt work. I picked several restore dates and nothing..when I tried again the dates that I tried before where no longer there...

I did a startup repairt again for like 10th time...and somehow it worked..I dont know how or why since I did several times before..so far everything is working fine..I did a deep scan with Avast and a disk clean up. So far everything is working out.... thank you very much for your help! best regards

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:56 PM

I'm glad that you got it working.

While it's working well, try Seagate Seatools for Windows to test the hard drive.

Run the long/extended test

If there are problems, backup your data immediately - and keep it backed up as there's no telling when the hard drive will fail.

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users