Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer restart randomly, no idea what to do anymore.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 thelive

thelive

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 16 April 2016 - 07:19 AM

Hello everyone,

I've been using Windows 10 pro for a while now, never had a single problem with it. Till they brought out this new update (Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems KB3118754) 

Ever since then i get these random reboots. Sometimes it shows a blue-screen which says ; Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.

To make a long story short here is what i did ;

I reinstalled Windows 10 pro (clean install) i did a scan with sfc /scannow in command prompt (Windows did not find any integrity violations)

After i download all the updates included the big update (1511 for x64 based systems), restart the PC, when i run the sfc /scannow again it shows me this ; Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. So i looked on google how to fix this, and i found this as an answer ;

1- Download the ISO file (same version of windows 10 that you use now) from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench

2- Unzip the ISO file.

3- Create a folder on your desktop and name it "mount"

4- Copy the "install.wim" file to your desktop.

The file is located in the "sources" folder (of unzipped iso file).

5- Open Command Prompt (Admin)

6- Copy/paste the following line and run:

Dism /mount-wim /wimFile:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\install.wim /index:1 /MountDir:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\mount

7- Copy/paste the following line and run:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

8- Copy/paste the following line and run:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\mount\windows /LimitAccess

9- Copy/paste the following line and run:

Dism /unmount-wim /Mountdir:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\mount /discard

10- re-run: sfc /scannow

This fixed my problem, but my PC reboots randomly from time to time, sometimes it is when i browser the web, or when i watch something on YouTube, or when i play a game. It is so annoying, and i have no idea what the problem could be. I was thinking to go back to Windows 7, but Windows 10 works actually really smooth.

Regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 16 April 2016 - 07:40 AM

Immediately after the next random reboot, let's try looking at these reports:

1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.
If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 thelive

thelive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2016 - 03:42 PM

Hi Usasma,

I just got a random reboot again, and i did what you asked.

Also, i downloaded that program (CPUID HWMonitor) and these are the temps ;

Motherboard Temperatures : 28 - 30 - 35 - 38 - 35° C

Cpu ; 42 - 40 - 44 - 40 -45° C

Hard drives : 28 - 30 - 32 - 30 - 38° C

GPU : 42° C

Do you also want me to post the monitor data from CPUID?

Regards

Attached Files

#4 thelive

thelive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2016 - 02:34 PM

Hello,

I uploaded the same files again, because the system is acting weird again. Like today it was fine, and suddenly when i play a browser game, everything start lagging in the game. I rebooted my computer,and i hear this sound when you unplug an USB device, but i can tell that 2 programs not running at the start up. These are MalwareBytes and MalwareBytes Exploit. If i try to start MalwareBytes manually it shows up at the bottom right, but the exploit won't start at all.

Regards

Attached Files

#5 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:13 PM

Hrm, could be a bad PSU.

What is the make and model of your machine

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

#6 thelive

thelive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:49 PM

Hi MadmanRB,

It is self assembled, the power supply is from Corsair TX850w. I use this pc for 2 to 3 years now, never had a single problem with it. Until Windows 10 updated to version 1511 for x64-based Systems. (KB3118754)

I have no idea what could cause the problem, i can play games for 4 hours with no problems,and then a few hours later when i do something on the internet, or in word, or anything .. it just randomly reboot. Sometimes it also happened when i play a game, sometimes it works fine for a day or 2, and then i have it again.

Operating System : Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU : Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz 40 °C Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM : 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (10-10-10-27)
Motherboard : ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V LE PLUS (LGA1155) 33 °C
Graphics : 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Soundcard : ASUS Xonar Essence STX Audio Device
PSU : Corsair TX850w

Edited by thelive, 18 April 2016 - 04:00 PM.

#7 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:12 PM

Well even higher end PSU's can decay after time and sometimes those high priced models are no better, but I would not rule out bad settings created by windows 10

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:34 PM

There's only 1 unexpected restart in the Admin log file.

Just prior to it were errors with the BlueStack services (please uninstall them)

Also there were errors with the disk - please run these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Start with the hard drive diagnostics - test ALL of the hard drives.

Your UEFI/BIOS (version 0910) dates from 2014.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.

Only 7 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most build 10586 (TH2/1511) systems have more than this.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available Windows Updates.
The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

You have 5 hard drives.  The point about the PSU is that power issues with PSU's increase with age.
Try disconnecting several of the hard drives (and any other non-essential, power consuming devices) and see if that decreases the frequency of the problems.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 thelive

thelive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2016 - 07:27 AM

Hi Usama,

Ok, I removed the BlueStack software yesterday.

I ran the free hardware diagnostics tool on all my drives (Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows). One of the drives had a bad sector, and it couldn't repair it, the other drive couldn't get passed the quick test. So i made an backup from both drives and removed them from my system. (they are dated from January 2008, i don't know what the estimated lifetime if for a hard drive). 

My UEFI/BIOS are up to date, i checked the Asus website but there was no update available. 

I ran the Windows update manually, but there were no more updates available for the system, only for office.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users