Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dc1_controller.sys BSOD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Vic_From_StateFarm

Vic_From_StateFarm

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:08 PM

Yes I am aware that it may be related to the Xbox one controller or the headphones that are plugged into the headphone. Is there actually a fix for this or some sort of workaround. 

Specs:

Computer name: VIC-MAIN
Windows version: Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: MS-7968, MSI, Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION(MS-7968)
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel® Core™ i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz Intel586, level: 6
8 logical processors, active mask: 255
GPU: MSI 980ti OC Edition

RAM: 17137553408 bytes total (16GBS DDR4)

Crash Dump Analysis:

On Sat 4/16/2016 12:07:41 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041516-42843-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dc1_controller.sys (dc1_controller!DccRemoveRequestQueue+0x7E)
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFFD0008E2DC5A0, 0xFFFFD0008E2DC4F8, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: dc1_controller.sys .
Google query: dc1_controller.sys KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

On Sat 4/16/2016 12:07:41 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dc1_controller.sys (dc1_controller!DccRemoveRequestQueue+0x7E)
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFFD0008E2DC5A0, 0xFFFFD0008E2DC4F8, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: dc1_controller.sys .
Google query: dc1_controller.sys KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Additional Notes:

I have had this issue before, plenty of times. I reinstalled windows recently and I am still getting this.

I have updated the Xbox one Controller through the Xbox Accessories App on the Windows Store.

Drivers are up to date. 

The headphones I have used are the Turtle Beaches Ear Force PX24.

I have also used the standard Apple headphones with the mic.

the controller is plugged in using a USB wire.

I have read multiple trheads all over the net but none that I have found have solved my problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:46 AM

I apologize for the delay in responding to your post.
I have not been receiving notifications of new posts, so I wasn't aware of yours.
Do you still need help with this?  If so, please respond back and I'll see what I can do to help out.

As this is a BSOD issue, please provide this information so we can start the analysis immediately:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users