Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 bootmgr not found

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 joldbury

joldbury

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:16 PM

Hello long time website visitor, first time poster...

I clean up older computer (mainly cleaning up old files and such) that are donated to me and turn around and give them away to others.  I have ran into a problem that apparently my brain can not workaround without a recovery disc and I need the groups assistance. 

HP TouchSmart 600 1050 running Windows 7 Premium (do not know if 32/64) I power it on HP comes up then goes to Bootmgr Missing Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart.   I do not have a Windows 7 recovery disc.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance/guidance.  Please let me know if you need any additional info.  Also, only boot options are CD drive and HDD, not a USB option.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,002 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:41 PM

Can you tap F8 at boot and select Repair Computer in Advanced Boot Options? Select Startup Repair. It may take up to three attempts to rebuild the BCD.

#3 joldbury

joldbury
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:57 PM

Can you tap F8 at boot and select Repair Computer in Advanced Boot Options? Select Startup Repair. It may take up to three attempts to rebuild the BCD.

Unfortunately, I can not get to recovery by pressing F11. I can get to boot menu, setup, Diagnostics.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,002 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:10 PM

Not F11 but F8 should bring up the advance boot menu options.

#5 joldbury

joldbury
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:32 PM

Not F11 but F8 should bring up the advance boot menu options.

No sir, no luck.  I've tried multiple times from the restart and the a fresh power on. Even tried a wired keyboard.

Edited by joldbury, 15 April 2016 - 06:40 PM.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,002 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:30 PM

Go here. There is a workaround for obtaining a windows 7 iso. I think you may have 64 bit. Personally if you do not have any Windows 7 disks I would recommend you download both 32bit and 64bit Home Premium isos.

If you only want to download one iso, 32bit or 64bit then download Fatdog64.  Burn the iso to a CD or DVD on a Windows Vista or later computer by right clicking the iso and selecting Burn Disk Image. Boot the disk and in the lower left of the desktop will be your disk partitions. These will be labeled sda1... sda2... etc depending on the number of partitions the hard drive has. Click once on a sdaX icon. For Windows 7 is may be sda2. If you do not see your normal Windows files then close the File Manager and click once on another sdaX icon. If you see programfiles(x86) on the root of the partition you have 64bit. If you do not see this folder you have 32 bit. You can also use Fatdog to copy any data off the disk. I can post instruction for doing that if needed.

Fatdog64-702.iso

Edit: Once you burn the Windows iso you can do a Startup Repair.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-repair-windows-7-system-installation-disc.htm

Edited by JohnC_21, 15 April 2016 - 07:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users