Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New but love this site (for a long time)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 adda11

adda11

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:55 PM

Hi, I decided to register because I love messing with my computer (though I often wish it would JUST WORK). I got my first computer in 2000 and broke it by deleting a lot of the Windows 98 files (apparently, needed! :grinner: ) I had to make it work again, learned the value of rescue disks. But that's the kind of person I am .... I like to understand things.

I won't pretend I "understand" anything about even my own computer in depth ... and that's the reason I finally registered. I have a million questions and most of the time, I have a difficult time finding some of the answers. I've often wished I knew a group locally and could learn that way, but haven't found that (yet). Reading here, using some of the programs in the downloads section and reading some of the blogs ... I respect that there is a lot of knowledge here and appreciate that there are people willing to help others. I've been able to do that in areas of my life and sometimes in small ways relating to computers. So I'm hoping to learn more and eventually, be able to contribute to help other people.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,924 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:40 PM

Welcome to BC !

Experimenting can be fun, and is certainly one way to learn, but always make a back up of your data at least before you start fooling around with the system. And if you do dig a hole you can't get out of you can always ask for help here. Just read the forum rules and guidance before you start posting.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forum-rules/

Chris Cosgrove

#3 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 17 April 2016 - 11:19 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer Forums!

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present