Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 95 beer?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Fishtacojones

Fishtacojones

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:21 PM

I know it's not software but you don't have an obscure promotional items section.

I found a Sapporo beer promoting Windows 95.

Now I thought my two dollar find of a still wrapped, employee only copy of msdos 6 would net me some cash (looking at me ebay page..... haaaa, no.). So I start searching online to see if I got myself a goldmine. Nothing.

Not that it is worthless, there is nothing there. Two people posted it to reddit. https://m.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/2aq20x/time_for_a_nice_refreshing_can_of_windows_95/
Nothing. Regurgitated on the 9gag but I'm not giving that any more dignity as I have hope. One guy posted to twitter as did i. Nothing.

All I have are these two things here
http://usvsth3m.com/post/92437194668/the-delicious-beverage-that-was-windows-95-in-a-can

http://ranranlan.seesaa.net/s/article/8706514.html

http://www.ratebeer.com/forums/saporro-black-windows-95-edition_261795.htm

These three articles pretty much say the same thing: sapporo did a windows 95 beer promotion and it does infact, exist.

Does anybody know anything about it? At all?

Attached Files

Edited by Orange Blossom, 16 April 2016 - 11:07 PM.
Moving to General Chat. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Fishtacojones

Fishtacojones
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2016 - 08:38 PM

I guess it will remain a mystery for a while longer.

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,626 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 17 April 2016 - 03:04 PM

Very interesting. I really like that can. But its still a mystery.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#4 Fishtacojones

Fishtacojones
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2016 - 03:13 PM

It's yours if you want it. Bidding starts at 500,000/s

#5 thekid2238

thekid2238

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 03 July 2016 - 04:05 AM

It's yours if you want it. Bidding starts at 500,000/s

Are you actually selling it, do you actually have one? I've been actively looking for one for about the past year and a half, I feel like this is a big step in the right direction.. If you still go on this form...

#6 Fishtacojones

Fishtacojones
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:22 AM

Yep it is mine, I got it, and I'm wanting to sell if the price is right. The thing keeping me from, however, is I don't know of this is worth 5 or 500.

#7 thekid2238

thekid2238

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:47 AM

See that's the thing, I've been desperately looking for one for a long time, but I honestly have no idea what the price would be? I don't know much on them other than I believe it was a promotional item for the 10 year anniversary of the 95 (I could be wrong about that.)

I am willing to pay a pretty penny for it. This is honestly the first time I've come even close to maybe getting my hands on one. If you care, here are some of my past attempts ( http://imgur.com/a/lkWZZ )

#8 Fishtacojones

Fishtacojones
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:50 AM

Ten years? I don't thinks so. But who other than Japan would celebrate windows 95 in 2005?

#9 thekid2238

thekid2238

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:52 AM

Beats me, that's just something I thought I heard, could honestly be anything with how little info there is on it. It amazes me the lack of stuff about it on the internet.

#10 Fishtacojones

Fishtacojones
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:53 AM

I considered reposting the can on reddit but looks like you beat me to it. I just would have gotten bad dad computer jokes like the other two.

Beats me, that's just something I thought I heard, could honestly be anything with how little info there is on it. It amazes me the lack of stuff about it on the internet.

I was genuinely shocked that it practically didn't exist.

Edited by Fishtacojones, 03 July 2016 - 12:00 PM.

#11 thekid2238

thekid2238

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:55 AM

Here is a quote I found (it was translated so it might be off by a lot.)

"So, November 23, 2005, that Windows95 is 

from been released 10th anniversary will hit. Now, the middle of the night that do not know the reason if you countdown sell it ... it was a such thing under that cold weather, launch beer of chilly is turbulent have been dealt people, the two GET a commemorative beer was it did. One is I guess I drank maybe ... out."

Copied right from their blog.

Here is a quote I found (it was translated so it might be off by a lot.)

"So, November 23, 2005, that Windows95 is 

from been released 10th anniversary will hit. Now, the middle of the night that do not know the reason if you countdown sell it ... it was a such thing under that cold weather, launch beer of chilly is turbulent have been dealt people, the two GET a commemorative beer was it did. One is I guess I drank maybe ... out."

Copied right from their blog.

In regards to that you also posted the link to this blog! ( http://ranranlan.seesaa.net/article/8706514.html )

#12 Fishtacojones

Fishtacojones
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:59 AM

Yeah ranranlan. My gf sent it so someone who knows Japanese and they said it was possibly written with humor.

#13 thekid2238

thekid2238

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2016 - 12:00 PM

Oh that's a shame :/

#14 thekid2238

thekid2238

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2016 - 12:03 PM

I HAVE GREAT NEWS.

http://imgur.com/a/DowpU

I found this on a Japanese eBay knockoff type site and it says the highest big was 320 Yen, which converted to USD is about $3.12.

So we've found a ballpark price range.

#15 Fishtacojones

Fishtacojones
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2016 - 12:04 PM

Right I found the text that she sent and yeah it backs up the ten year thing (loljapan), wondering if anybody else knows how much it goes for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users