Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Low External Speaker Volume

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bertabin

Bertabin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:12 PM

I was just given this computer upgrade at work. I have the external speakers that I had with the old computer, but now I can hardly hear my cds! I've checked all the volume controls. Our tech person doesn't have time to deal with this "personal" issue. Could there be something in the sound card or some other hardware issue that just doesn't allow louder volume? I'm no expert on how computers run, so maybe there is something I'm overlooking.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Seth_z

Seth_z

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 04 August 2006 - 08:59 PM

Is the master volume or any of the other volumes set low? Checking threw
Start -> Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices
In there are a few different volume settings that might be set to low. In the volume tab If you click the Advanced button under the Device volume it brings up a few different audio options, inculding master volume. I'm not sure if you checked that yet if not, I hope that helps. (I wasn't sure if you meant volume controls on the computer or on the speakers...some speakers can have several different types of volume control)

Are you using a seperate sound card, or a integrated sound card?

EDIT: I have my control panel set up under classical veiw, if you do not click
Start -> Control Panel -> Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices -> Sounds and Audio Devices

Edited by Seth_z, 04 August 2006 - 09:01 PM.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:08 PM

Make sure the speakers are plugged into the right jack.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:14 PM

Try starting in Safe Mode.

See if any of the drivers in the sound section have a red or yellow warning icon - if they do, update the driver.

Edited by Enthusiast, 04 August 2006 - 11:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users