Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

After crash missing dll's and computer in rough shape

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 M Moore

M Moore

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:21 AM

Hoping someone can help recover my main home computer.

Computer crashed to a multicolour static like screen while sitting idle. Had to force power it off. When powered it back up there were a number of pop messages about applications failing to start. I restarted and then computer autoran a chkdsk - appeared to find lots of problems.

Now computer has many programs that won't run - at startup approx a dozen startup messages about unable to run programs, etc - most common error centres around missing iertutil.dll as well as urlmon.dll (are others as well).Fortunately I can still access the internet.

I ran a sfc /scannow and it appeared to fix some problems but there were others it was unable to correct (although I'm not good at reading log file so difficult to figure out what errors were).

I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium.

Any help is much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 M Moore

M Moore
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:44 AM

Just realized I posted to incorrect Forum - will close this posting and repost to correct forum.

#3 hamluis

• 55,025 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:41 AM

Repost in Crashes/BSODs:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611146/after-crash-missing-dlls-and-computer-in-rough-shape/#entry3979466 .

This topic is closed to avoid confusion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users