Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Video No Beeps

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thwikehu1990

thwikehu1990

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:58 PM

Hi all,

I just updated a computer and I'm having an issue with no video.  It's just a black screen, my monitor doesn't say "So signal found", etc,.

Specs:

CPU: Q8200 2.833GHz

RAM: 4GB 1333mhz

Mobo: G41M-VS3 R2.0

Hard drive: WD 1TB

PSU: Thermaltake 500 watt

Graphics card: Ati Radeon HD5570

So far I've tried:

Taking out all components except the necessary ones.  It beeps until I put the RAM in.  I've tested the PSU.  It works fine.  I've tested the RAM in another computer, and it works.  I took the graphics card out and attached the cord to a different monitor.  I've tried different monitors, and different cords - to no avail.  CPU pins aren't bent.  I've tried a CMOS reset and it doesn't help.

I'm honestly out of ideas.  It may be the motherboard, but I'm hoping someone has some other suggestions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:10 PM

Maybe 10 minutes isn't long enough but the diags you did point to the MOBO.

#3 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:16 AM

I didn't take the time to search stats on your mainboard, and I'm not sure from your post if you did this already, but IF you have integrated video, remove the card and try to boot. If no video in that case, probably your mainboard is dead.

[EDIT AFTERTHOUGHT]:
Your post: " It beeps until I put the RAM in."
Make sure that the type of RAM you are using will work in that (older) mainboard. I have seen boards get fussy and will not respond to certain makes of RAM. The manufacturer should post that information somewhere.

Edited by ranchhand_, 14 April 2016 - 09:24 AM.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#4 thwikehu1990

thwikehu1990
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 14 April 2016 - 12:53 PM

I didn't take the time to search stats on your mainboard, and I'm not sure from your post if you did this already, but IF you have integrated video, remove the card and try to boot. If no video in that case, probably your mainboard is dead.

[EDIT AFTERTHOUGHT]:
Your post: " It beeps until I put the RAM in."
Make sure that the type of RAM you are using will work in that (older) mainboard. I have seen boards get fussy and will not respond to certain makes of RAM. The manufacturer should post that information somewhere.

Thank you for replying.  I've looked it up and the RAM is compatible. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users