Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Pavilion 17E

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RezRunner

RezRunner

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 13 April 2016 - 06:56 PM

I have an HP Pavilion 17E that will not boot up. I got it from a guy who said it only needs the PowerJack replaced. Well I replaced it and when I push the power button I get nothing. I have checked the board at several locations and get power but no lights or anything else. At first I wondered if maybe the new jack and cable were bad, but I get power through it. I was thinking even if the CPU was bad I would at least get a fan on.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,421 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:33 PM

Have you tried power cycling the computer? Pull the battery and power adapter. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Replace the power adapter but not the battery and see if the computer boots.

Some laptop computers will not boot if the CMOS battery is dead. You may want to check the voltage of the battery.

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,845 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:01 PM

I've seen more than a few lifted traces around those connectors.  Some so bad it needed the entire PCB replaced. 

#4 RezRunner

RezRunner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:56 AM

I've seen more than a few lifted traces around those connectors.  Some so bad it needed the entire PCB replaced. 

Don't think it is a trace since it is connected with a MOLEX connector

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users