Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.scr file downloaded but not opened

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 mawzs

mawzs

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:28 AM

I was doing some trading on steam and I stupidly clicked a link that looked like a screenshot.  It downloaded a file, but I never opened or clicked the file.  I proceeded to get on my laptop and change pwords for my email and steam, and then (overkill mayeb?) I factory reset my pc.  Am I safe from the virus, and did I overkill with resetting my pc?  (all my items are still in my account)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mawzs

mawzs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:00 AM

bump

#3 mawzs

mawzs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:18 AM

help

#4 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:54 AM

Wow!  You waited a whole 1 1/2 hours.  Please have some patience.  IMHO, if you didn't run the .scr you are not infected.

#5 mawzs

mawzs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:53 AM

Wow!  You waited a whole 1 1/2 hours.  Please have some patience.  IMHO, if you didn't run the .scr you are not infected.

If you didn't know, viruses can be ticking time bombs, sorry for acting urgently lmao

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:31 PM

Bumping your topic does not get you help any faster. You have to wait until someone who has knowledge of the issue actually sees your topic.

In fact, bumping may delay getting help because those who see the topic listed will see replies have been made which leads them to think you are already receiving help. They will ignore it find topics that have NO replies.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 13 April 2016 - 12:38 PM.

#7 mawzs

mawzs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2016 - 12:08 PM

dead website

#8 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2016 - 12:38 PM

Don't be rude.

#9 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:12 PM

Your attitude goes a long way towards why you're not getting help. People read the thread and say to themselves I don't get paid. I do this because I want to help, but not if the person is going to be a jerk about it. And have an attitude with me. So yeah you might see it as a dead website. I see it as a thread stared by someone with an attitude right from the beginning and nobody wants to touch it.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#10 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:15 PM

Since you feel this is a "dead website" I suggest you seek help elsewhere. Choose a place that will put up with your attitude and nonsense and don't care if you are a jerk.

#11 mawzs

mawzs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:42 AM

lol saying dead website obviously is the only way to get people to respond. Lets be honest this website is pretty bad, they literally have 5 different download buttons on their page where you dowload antiviruses..

#12 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:05 AM

You are persistent aren't you?  Be careful.

#13 mawzs

mawzs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:14 AM

You are persistent aren't you?  Be careful.

is that a threat lmao?

#14 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:32 AM

I can only advise.  It is not for me to threaten.

#15 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:49 AM

Since your attitude is lousy and is keeping someone from helping you this topic is closed.

If you have anything to say about the closure, send me a private message.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 15 April 2016 - 10:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users