Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix Report

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nail1234

Nail1234

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 13 April 2016 - 03:39 AM

ComboFix report on how the sender assistance please.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 13 April 2016 - 09:58 AM.
moved from Windows 7 to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:50 AM

Excerpts from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273628/combofix-usage-questions-help-look-here/

ComboFix is an Anti-Malware tool used by advanced malware technicians

specifically trained in its use.

Please DO NOT USE COMBOFIX on your own without supervision!!!

As a general policy, Bleeping Computer does not offer advice on how to run ComboFix unless we asked someone to run it or if there is a problem with the computer caused by running the tool.

:step5: I used ComboFix on my own and encountered problems. What should I do?

Take responsibility for your decision to use ComboFix despite the numerous warnings that are provided not to use the tool in an unsupervised environment rather than attribute blame to others. We understand that even under the supervision of an expert, something can go wrong to include false positives on critical system files resulting in unbootable machines or other issues. If such a scenario happened with you, here are some basic guidelines to follow:

• Start a new topic here, give it a relevant title and provide a description of your problem and a summary of all steps that you have performed on your own.
  • Please be specific and describe exactly what happened when you ran ComboFix. Include any error messages that you received. If your machine is bootable, providing a How to take and share a screen shot in Windows can be useful in helping to resolve your problem.
  • After starting your topic, please be patient as it may take time to get an answer. False postives, glitches and bugs resulting in computer problems have to be reported first to the tool's developer and then investigated before anyone can advise what corrective action needs to be taken. That may require the developer to conduct some testing and obtain sample files for analysis. Also keep in mind that staff members are all volunteers and we assist other members as well as you when time permits. No one is paid for their work or assistance to members of our community.
  • Unless you are an expert, do not reply to someone else's topic with instructions, especially if they are already in the process of getting help from a member of the Malware Response Team or trusted staff. If you have a similar issue, the solution could be different based on the kind of hardware, software, system requirements, etc. and the presence of other malware so please start your own topic. Those awaiting assistance, please read the pinned sticky How do I get help? Who is helping me?. It's important that you know who you should trust to take advice from.
Again, we ask that you please be patient. It may take a while to get a response but your problem will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,969 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:55 AM

ComboFix report on how the sender assistance please.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are asking.

If you ran ComboFix and want someone to review it's log, you need to follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide as noted in the excerpt above starting at Step 6.
  • If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
  • In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running FRST which will create two logs.
When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

If you choose to follow the above instructions and post a FRST log, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can closed this one. If not, at least you know doing that is an option available to you.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users