Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple BSODs Past Several Months - Hardware Doesn't Seem To Be Culprit

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LambdaJunk

LambdaJunk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 12 April 2016 - 11:53 PM

· OS - Windows 7 SP1 64-bit (Original OS) - User installed/Custom Built Desktop (Not OEM)
· 2.5 Years Old System, built Aug 2013 (All original components)
· Installed Windows 7 on Aug 2013 and reinstalled/reformated with same Windows 7 on April 4th, 2016.

· Primary/OS Drive: Samsung 840 120GB SSD, Secondary: WD Blue 500GB 7200RPM, Tertiary: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB SSD
· G.Skill RipJaw 16GB (2 pairs of 2x4GB) (Bought original pair in 2013 and second pair late 2015)

Before the reformat/reinstall, I accrued similar BSOD error codes as attached. I'll note that the frequency of BSODs has gone down considerably since I reformatted/reinstalled (Instead of once maybe 5-12 hours of activity, now its closer to once per 24-30 hours).

I've run various versions of MemTest86 (As well as Window's Memory Diagnostic Tool) while swapping the sticks around, checking each pairs, different slots and different combinations, all of which have resulted in no errors. I'll be running MemTest again as soon as Driver Verifier is complete. I have run SSDLife on both SSDs with no errors in both SMART and file system integrity (I can include logs if need be), I'll be running health checks on my HDD but recent checks on both SMART and file system integrity (As of Dec 2015) came back clean.

I've checked my power supply under heavy load/gaming and while idle with both HWMonitor and my own multimeter to see that voltages are well within spec. My graphics card hasn't been giving me any problems, no graphical errors, the card is firmly seated in the PCI-E slot and I've checked that my current graphics driver is indeed stable. Latest Intel burn tests have come back clean (As of Dec 2015). And my BIOS integrity seems alright (Updated to latest BIOS as provided by MSI as of Nov 2015).

Thank you for your time. 

Attached File  perfmon.zip   132.25KB   0 downloads
Attached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   549.71KB   2 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users