Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Runs But Wont Start..

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 championvette

championvette

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 04 August 2006 - 03:39 PM

I turn my computer on and all the fans, lights, everything runs but nothing shows up on the screen.. the moniter is working. it says, check ur pc and signal cable, so i know its working but i dunno why the computer wont fully start up. ...?? its used to be like this a few weeks ago but i would start it and shut it down like 10 times and somehow it would start up fine. but now it doenst show anything at all... help!?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 iqchicken

iqchicken

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:46 PM

Do you hear any beeps when you turn the computer on? It should wind up for a couple of seconds and then give a single beep.

Is your video cable plugged in correctly? Are any pins on the video cable damaged?

This problem can also be caused by RAM, but If you don't have a spare stick of RAM lying around, it is difficult to test.

Has video always shown up on the screen with this exact same monitor? Is this problem something recent with no changes to your computer that you are aware of?

System:

-Windows 10 pro 64 bit

-HDD (WD10EZEX)

-MSI B75MA-P45 (MS-7798)

-Socket 1155 LGA

-AMD Radeon HD 7700

-2 STICKS OF 16GB DDR 3 RAM (G.Skill F3-10666CL9-8GBNT)

-K120 Logitech Keyboard

-Centrophorus M601 Mouse

#3 Seth_z

Seth_z

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 04 August 2006 - 08:52 PM

Did this just start happening? What type of video card do you use? AGP, PCIe, or PCI? (or is it integrated) if it is a seperate card, do you have a integrated one? If so, you can try hooking the monitor up to the intergrated one, some computers (I think this is mainly for the PCI ones) will show the boot process threw the itnergrated card and then pass it over to the video card when windows starts loading, maybe there is a message there waiting for input that you don't see, thus the reason it won't finish loading. This might not work, but it's the easiest and fastest thing to check.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 05 August 2006 - 06:24 AM

Do you have the XP installation cd or a Restore cd provided by the manufacturer?

Is your video from an onboard adapter or a video card?

What happens when you try to start in safe mode?

Edited by Enthusiast, 05 August 2006 - 06:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users