Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Patch Tuesday 4/12/16 Reading my SD Card??

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 shieldmage

shieldmage

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:07 PM

Hey All,

Today (Tuesday 12 April, 2016) while Windows 7 Update was "Installing Update 15 of 16", I noticed that the SD Card indicator light o my Toshiba laptop was blinking furiously away. When I tried to eject the SD card, the message "Device is in use. Try again?" meaning that SOMETHING (Microsoft itself?) was trying to read/copy the contents of my SD card, even while Windows Update was in the installation stage. I manually removed the SD card anyways, and found it hot to the touch. Shutting down my laptop and restarting it completed the final updates, and there's been no sign of any further 'rogue' SD card activity.

If anyone else has these issues, write back to me here or let the BleepingComputer folks know that somethin weird is going on with this month's Windows Updates. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users