Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb modem not connecting to internet

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 eccie

eccie

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:28 PM

Hi everyone, I've bought a Huawei E3372h modem (with GTmobile simcard) but it doesn't connect.
The modem says 'connected' and does recieve/sent KB's but on the window toolbar network logo says 'no internet connection' (yellow triangle mark).
Can someone please help, thank you

Eccie from Holland

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Atomic77

Atomic77

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:30 PM

Oh my gosh I have never seen a modem like that before. since the modem says connected but it not showing as connected on the device perhaps the device is at fault. did you try resetting the modem or reinstalling the software or anything? 

ATOMIC77

​GEEKED AT BIRTH

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:00 PM

You may find these two videos relevant -

As you value your sanity, do NOT have your sound on for the second one. I am sorry, but both of these are in neither Dutch nor English !

Chris Cosgrove

#4 eccie

eccie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:49 PM

Oh my gosh I have never seen a modem like that before. since the modem says connected but it not showing as connected on the device perhaps the device is at fault. did you try resetting the modem or reinstalling the software or anything? 

Yes i've tried about everything with the modem. Could it be that I should update windows10? I've not been able to do that because the tablet is new.

#5 eccie

eccie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:51 PM

You may find these two videos relevant -

As you value your sanity, do NOT have your sound on for the second one. I am sorry, but both of these are in neither Dutch nor English !

Chris Cosgrove

Thanks but I think I've configured the modem right. I think the problem is within windows10

Edited by eccie, 12 April 2016 - 07:53 PM.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,638 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:57 PM

Did you download and install the Windows 10 drivers on the Huawei E3372 site. It is not E3372h though. Click on the Support link and then Update.

HUAWEI Stick UTPS-V200R003B015D15SP00C983( for win10).rar

2016-2-2614.10 MB

#7 eccie

eccie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:31 PM

Did you download and install the Windows 10 drivers on the Huawei E3372 site. It is not E3372h though. Click on the Support link and then Update.

HUAWEI Stick UTPS-V200R003B015D15SP00C983( for win10).rar

2016-2-2614.10 MB

Thanks for that. I installed it but still win10 toolbar says 'no network' (with small yellow triangle)

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,638 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:45 PM

Did you reboot the computer? Are there any yellow exclamation marks next to devices in Device Manager?

Edit: Have you see this Windows 10 page regarding connection to a cellular network

Edit Edit: Additional link that may help with setup.

http://www.howto-connect.com/fix-cellular-missing-from-network-internet-in-windows-10/

Edited by JohnC_21, 12 April 2016 - 08:51 PM.

#9 eccie

eccie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:28 AM

Did you reboot the computer? Are there any yellow exclamation marks next to devices in Device Manager?

Edit: Have you see this Windows 10 page regarding connection to a cellular network

Edit Edit: Additional link that may help with setup.

http://www.howto-connect.com/fix-cellular-missing-from-network-internet-in-windows-10/

No there are no exclamation marks next to devices in Device Manager. I'll work these links out and then report.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users