Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pesky 'Reconnect Your Drive' notices

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 corini7

corini7

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:25 PM

Hi. I have searched for a month on MC and other sites but can't seem to get the answer that helps me. This is just one of a few issues I'm having. Windows 10 installed itself prior to the date agreed which caught me off guard as far as backing up my files. But I got a WD My Passport Ultra 'for win 10' and since there were no problems detected on the surface (of 10 install) I installed the hard drive and software the same day as the win 10 upgrade and immediately set it up to backup my files using the WD software (cart before the horse unavoidable). All seemed to go well, my pc (desktop 64 bit HP) seemed fine. It fully recognizes the drive in device manager and disk management, backups are successful but a day later I began getting the notices that my file history drive had been disconnected for too long. Yet backups seem to go without a hitch. Tried to "reconnect" in file history, but it says "File History Doesn't Recognize This Drive". After in depth research, I called WD and the tech helped me uninstall and reinstall the [My Passport] hard drive, saying that this should take care of it. A couple of days later the notice began showing on a regular basis (every time backup is complete). Stills says 'File History does not recognize this drive'. Is this just a minor glitch? Can you help me fix this? (Average pc user, not terribly savvy)

Edited by corini7, 12 April 2016 - 03:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users