Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mcafee Releases Consumer Identity Theft Protection

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 04 August 2006 - 03:05 PM

McAfee Releases Market-Leading Consumer Identity Theft Protection in New Products Now Available for Download. Industry's First 'Safe Search' Protection Available With McAfee SiteAdvisor.Source: McAfee, Inc. Press Release Tuesday August 1, 8:05 am ET SANTA CLARA, Calif., August 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- McAfee, Inc., (NYSE: MFE - News) the global leader in intrusion prevention and security risk management, today announced that it has addressed consumers' concern for identity theft protection as well as social engineering attacks including spyware, spam and other malicious programs with the release of its next- generation security service suites now available for download at http://www.mcafee.com .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kyle

Kyle

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 04 August 2006 - 03:08 PM

I think it is great of them to release something like this, as with all the identity theft these days... :thumbsup:
And thanks for the news report, Scarlett :flowers:

Warm regards
Kyle

Edited by Djk, 04 August 2006 - 03:46 PM.

Regards,
Kyle

#3 Professional

Professional

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2006 - 02:11 AM

Thanks for the link Scarlett, However im having trouble finding the download link..can someone please address me to the direct page? And also looking around I found McAfee SiteAdvisor and seems pretty good.
Posted Image

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 05 August 2006 - 11:57 AM

Professional

McAfeeŽ Internet Security Suite and McAfee Total Protection™, are the products mentioned in that article. If you go to the McAfee site in Scarlett's post, you will find dead center of the home page is red text that says 8-in-1 Protection for Home Users. It is directly underneath the "Site Advisor" blue box. Click on that.

Be (hiding in plain sight/site) Safe :thumbsup:

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Professional

Professional

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2006 - 08:56 PM

lol

Thanks Animal,
Posted Image

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 06 August 2006 - 11:30 AM

No problem, Professional, glad to be of help. Also glad you saw the humor in my reply. :thumbsup:

Be (phishing with live bait) Safe :flowers:

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users