Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.locky ransom-ware attacked on my PC

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 saeedanwarsafi66

saeedanwarsafi66

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:44 PM

Dear All,

before some day the .locky virus has been attacked my pc and encrypt all my file on my computer. now every file have .locky format.

i need help from you people . that how i can get back my data as i need it ...

Edited by hamluis, 12 April 2016 - 02:50 PM.
Moved from Introductions to Gen Security - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:50 PM

Any files that are encrypted with Locky Ransomware will have the .locky extension appended to the end of the affected filename and leave a file (ransom note) named _Locky_recover_instructions.txt. When Locky encrypts a file it will actually rename the file to the format [unique_id][identifier].locky...(i.e. something like F67091F1D24A922B1A7FC27E19A9D9BC.locky). Like CryptoWall, Locky completely changes the filenames for encrypted files to make it more difficult to restore the data. More information in this BC News article:Unfortunately, as noted by Grinler, the site owner of Bleeping Computer in the above news article...there is no known way to decrypt files encrypted by Locky.

There is an ongoing discussion in this topic where you can ask questions and seek further assistance but as noted above there is no solution to fix your encrypted files.When or if a solution is discovered, that information will be provided in this support topic and you will receive notification if subscribed to it. In addition, a news article most likely will be posted on the BleepingComputer front page.

Rather than have everyone start individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any more questions, comments or requests for assistance in the above support topic discussion. Doing that will also ensure you receive proper assistance from our crypto malware experts since they may not see this thread. To avoid unnecessary confusion...this topic is closed.

Thanks
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users