Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Random crashes, no BSOD, screen/sound freezes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ceolan_mcguire

ceolan_mcguire

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 12 April 2016 - 12:29 PM

Hi, my PC keeps freezing randomly, can be while gaming, online or even when it is just sitting idle on the desktop. Iv'e reinstalled windows twice and updated all my drivers but it still keeps on happening.

My Specs are:

• Intel Core i5 4430 - no overclock
  • 1 x 4gb DDR3 RAM
  • Gigabyte B85M-D3H
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 770
  • Cooler Master RS-500-PCAP-I3

When the crash happens there is no blue screen and the screen just freezes. If there is any sound playing it just goes into a buzzing sound and stays like this until I reboot, after this the PC starts like normal. Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,445 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:59 AM

Your power supply doesn't supply enough power.

Minimum 600 W or greater system power supply with one 6-pin and one 8-pin Pci express supplementary power connector. Prior to unpacking your new nVidia geforce gTX 770 graphics card, it is important to make sure you meet all the system requirements listed on page 2 for a smooth installation.

#3 ceolan_mcguire

ceolan_mcguire
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2016 - 06:31 AM

Thanks, Ill try a new power supply and see if that fixes the problem

#4 ceolan_mcguire

ceolan_mcguire
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:19 AM

I got a new 600W power supply but after installing it the PC is still crashing. I can't even log into windows because it crashes on the login screen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users