Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very high physical memory usage with nothing open

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lozy

Lozy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 12 April 2016 - 10:43 AM

msconfig - disable all 3rd party software startups
ramMap, file explorer, nothing looks fishy
scanned system with ESET, malwarebytes, hitman
clean system with advanced system care and CC cleaner.
nothing helps a bit

just cant figure out what is eating up my rams, have been trying to solve this issue for almost one month then i decided to start a thread.
what actually could the the problem here or did i misunderstood how physical memory works ?

v83evb.png

182bg1.png

70dn3t.png

Edited by Lozy, 12 April 2016 - 11:15 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:36 AM

You posted in the Windows 10 forum, but the Task Manager listing doesn't look like Windows 10.  You also said your PC is using a lot of memory with nothing started, but I see several things running in what you posted, Firefox being at the top of the list, and Chrome is there too with 14 entries.  Please clarify.

By the way, Windows will cache memory and use it when needed; this will result in the Performance tab of Task Manager showing a lot of memory being used when a lot of that is in the cache, ready for use when needed.

Edited by Niweg, 13 April 2016 - 10:38 AM.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 chalup

chalup

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:39 AM

You posted in the Windows 10 forum, but the Task Manager listing doesn't look like Windows 10.  You also said your PC is using a lot of memory with nothing started, but I see several things running in what you posted, Firefox being at the top of the list, and Chrome is there too with 14 entries.  Please clarify.

By the way, Windows will cache memory and use it when needed; this will result in the Performance tab of Task Manager showing a lot of memory being used when a lot of that is in the cache, ready for use when needed.

Looks like he has the resource manager up from Windows 10. But as Niweg has said you have firefox and chrome opened which looks to be using more than 50% of your memory right off the bat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users