Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ddos attacks and privacy with the migration of IPv6, a VPN is the solution?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bat999

Bat999

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:03 AM

HI to everybody,

Following my Internet provider's transition to IPv6, I lost my dynamic IP (migration is thus performed that way: static IPv4 and dynamic IPv6).
That is why I direct myself to a VPN ... (to prevent static IP, ddos attacks, spoofing...)
I contacted for info VPN who said he has the "leak protection", however it does not support IPv6 on its network, I will navigate with IPv4 on its network.
Does Navigating through the VPN will remains safe despite this new step to IPv6 which unfortunately I do not understand anything. (In fact if I leave the option enabled IPv6 on my box I or disables I'm always in IPv4 when I visit sites like mon-ip.com).
I'm not talking about peer to peer protocol security breach because I did not download but other vulnerabilities are also present, allowing people connected to the same VPN than you to easily find your MAC address and computer name ( Korben's source).
Or do I have before to subscribe to a VPN to disable all that refers to IPv6 on my computer:
- Net BIOS over TCP / IP
- Internet Protocol version 6
- All rules concerning IPv6 firewall
And obviously the IPv6 option on the box.
Thank you very much for the answers you can give me.
Best regards

Bat999

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users