Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

printer sharing-Networking

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mushtaq77

Mushtaq77

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:55 AM

hi,

Two hosts are connected in a same network.One host(Win 7 OS & print server) is having printer connected to it directly and  i have shared that printer. Second host (win 10 OS) is connected with the shared printer and it is works fine.But,once it shut down ,it is  not working.To make it work again,i have to remove the shared printer from the list,and i have to re-connect it .(Happening daily ) ;(

any problem with different OS or any-other network problems

Both systems are connected with domain .Can anyone provide solution for this ?..please...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:36 PM

Hello Mushtaq77

How is the shared printer distributed is it group policy or are you manually mapping the printer each time. If it's the latter are you mapping it using the hostname of the printer server (\\PRINTSERVER) or the IP address of the print server (192.168.x.x)?

Kind regards,

Darktune

It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like. 

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

Words and ideas can change the world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users