I was hoping both were the same OS. Because one was Home and the other Pro what I was attempting will not work. If you cannot get your Pro Disks to install then you will need to delete the partitions currently on the hard drive.
Where in the install did your Pro disks fail when attempting to install over Windows 7 Home?
Edit: If the Home install did not remove the factory restore partition you can do a factory reset following this guide.
Use the following steps to start the system recovery:
- Restart the computer.
- When the Acer logo appears on the screen, press the left Alt, and the F10 keys.
- If you are prompted with a Microsoft Windows boot screen, press the Enter key.
- After the Acer eRecovery Management application has loaded, select your restore type.
- Read the notice, and then click Next when you are ready.
- Click Next to begin the restore process. The restore can take anywhere from 10 minutes up to an hour.
- Once the restore is complete your computer will load Windows and start installing your drivers and software. Your computer may reboot several times during this process. After everything is complete your computer will be like it was when you first purchased it.
Edited by JohnC_21, 11 April 2016 - 08:15 PM.