Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No sound via HDMI after random length of time

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DocBoxInACan

DocBoxInACan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:48 AM

Hi everyone, hope I can get some help for my issue here. I currently have my desktop PC and a PS3 Super Slim connected via HDMI to my LG monitor (2 HDMI input slots). The PS3 naturally takes sounds via HDMI, so in order to have sound for my desktop PC, my speakers are plugged in to the 3.5mm audio port on my monitor. This way, whenever the HDMI input is switched by a button on the monitor, sound switches with it.

The PS3 detects the sound and uses it perfectly with no issues. The desktop PC however, detects sound (monitor set to default speaker output under Playback Devices) and everything can be heard, until a random amount of time (typically half an hour to two hours) - at which point, the speakers produce no audio. When I check the Playback devices, the monitor is still set to default and the volume diagram on the right shows that audio is being detected (green bars moving up and down whilst a YouTube video is playing).

I'm running Windows 10 (latest version), and my graphics card drivers are completely up to date (specs below, HDMI is plugged into dedicated graphics card directly therefore using AMD audio drivers) - as are my Realtek onboard audio drivers (haven't released a new update for quite a while). I've tried disabling the onboard audio in Device Manager, disabling onboard audio entirely via BIOS, rolling back AMD Audio drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling all AMD drivers. The only way to restore sound is to reboot the PC, then sound works until it decides to cut out. When the sound does cut out, it's typically happened during a time I'm away from the PC and hence no sound is playing (e.g. paused a video). When I unpause a video (or some other activity), no sound is heard, despite it being detected in the volume mixer. Any advice or things I could try next? I'm having to result to using onboard audio for my desktop PC and switching the audio jack to HDMI whenever I want sound via my PS3 - it's a real hassle.

Specifications:

• Intel Core i5-3570k (non-overclocked)
  • Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600Mhz RAM
  • ASUS P8Z77-V PRO Motherboard
  • Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Vapor-X Boost Edition (Driver Version: 16.4.1 beta)
  • Corsair 750W PSU
  • Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD
  • 120GB Crucial M4 SSD

If you need any more information, please let me know.

Thank you for reading

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users