Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitoring and Alerting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 awesomeoverload

awesomeoverload

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:02 AM

Is there any way that Windows can keep track of any file creation or modification in the Windows file system? We need it for work security and auditing. Any help would be much appreciated. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 11 April 2016 - 09:24 AM

Are you concerned about an unauthorized person making changes in Windows?

If this is the case you can set their computer with  non-administrator account which would stop them from making changes of this nature.  

The only other way I could see this occurring would be if the computer is either infected with a backdoor Trojan or someone hacking through your firewall.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 awesomeoverload

awesomeoverload
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 16 April 2016 - 11:58 PM

I was actually looking for more features. Mostly a file serving auditor with that as one of its features. This is what I've been recommended by the consultant but I'm still reading online reviews and doing more research just to be sure.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:34 AM

If that is what you are interested in I would think that program you left the link to would be a viable option.  You are the first member I personally have known to request this type of application in the ten years I've been here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users