Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Control panel and regedit not accessable

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PitM

PitM

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 11 April 2016 - 06:49 AM

I have two XP computers with the same problem, I can not access Control panel or Regedit  all I get is "canceled due restriction...call your administrator" for Control Panel and Regedit disappears after a few seconds when I try to run it. I called my admin and he said he didn't put any restrictions on any of the computers.

I managed to bring back Control Panel icon in start menu via Group Policy settings but I still cant use it, I get the same message as before.

So my question is - does this look like malware or someone just played with restriction settings?
What are the best tools to use to fix this kind of problem? Any ideas?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:32 AM

Worth A Look .

Louis

#3 Willy22

Willy22

• Members
  • 945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 13 April 2016 - 03:16 AM

- This could help as well. The problem is that you don't get access to REGEDIT as well.

http://www.pctools.com/guides/registry/detail/543/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users