Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TV not working as a HDMI Monitor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mozzalicious

Mozzalicious

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:03 PM

Hello there, I'm new to the forums so I hope this is the right section (my problem is with my graphics card). I recently built my own computer (it has a Radeon 280x graphics card) but when I plugged an HDMI cable into my graphics card's HDMI port and then into my TV's HDMI port it didn't work (my computer did not display on the TV). I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing or not doing to use my TV as a monitor, but I made sure the drivers for my Graphics Card are installed and up to date (as far as I can tell) and the graphics card is on and should be connected properly. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Don't know if this is relevant, but my monitor uses VGA so my friend and I are assuming it isn't running off of the Graphics card because when I've typically had several programs running, my computer starts beeping and freezes (and the mouse moves around in circles on the screen). I was hoping I could just use my TV as the monitor because of this. Thank you :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:41 AM

Just to make sure, did you change the TV to the correct HDMI port? For instance, I use a TV, I plugged my card into HDMI port 2 but the TV was set to HDMI 1. That's the only thing I can think of..

"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 Mozzalicious

Mozzalicious
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:21 PM

Just to make sure, did you change the TV to the correct HDMI port? For instance, I use a TV, I plugged my card into HDMI port 2 but the TV was set to HDMI 1. That's the only thing I can think of..

I wish I had just made a simple error like that, but I checked all my HDMI ports and tried putting the cable in to different ones :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users