Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't get pictures back in to pictures.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Sukovich

Robert Sukovich

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 10 April 2016 - 08:15 PM

Greetings;

I did a re-installation of Windows and before doing so, I  saved all my documents and pictures on USB sticks. Now I want to selectively put back things that I saved back into my computer. I have no problem getting documents to documents but there is no option to put pictures back in to pictures.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 11 April 2016 - 06:43 AM

I have no problem getting documents to documents but there is no option to put pictures back in to pictures.

Maybe if you describe in detail how you got "documents to documents" we'd be able to figure out how to get "pictures back in to pictures".

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 11 April 2016 - 09:36 AM

Click on Computer in the Start menu.  When this opens you should see options for folders like Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, etc.  Right click on Pictures and paste the file.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Robert Sukovich

Robert Sukovich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2016 - 11:36 AM

Agouti:  I go to START, COMPUTER, USB DISK, DOUBLE CLICK TO ACCESS CONTENTS, SELECT THE ITEM, THEN RIGHT CLICK, I get a list of destinations. If I select a document the list of destinations gives me an option to send a document to the documents folder on my computer,. If I select a picture, there is nothing on the destination  list that gives me an option to send a picture (from the USB disk) to a pictures destination on my computer.

#5 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:41 PM

Are you talking about the "Send to" which looks like this...

mWVKB03.png

Hold down the Shift key while you right-click the file or folder and you should see an extended context menu like this...

RzkCxCW.png

#6 Robert Sukovich

Robert Sukovich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:31 PM

Exactly and thank you. Accordingly, we learn something new every day. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users