Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I post a link to another forum?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WouldBePolymath

WouldBePolymath

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:28 PM

Hi.  I occasionally ask for help here when I am unable to get a problem resolved at my "home" computer forum. Now I seem to be in that situation for a 4th time.

The problem is that it would not be very brief to restate all that has been done so far in an attempt to fix this.

Would it be OK to post in THIS forum a link to my post in THAT forum, or should I just copy the whole thing and repost it here?

Also, are there any specific moderator(s) here to whom I should direct any such questions in the future?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:58 PM

Any Mod or above can answer such questions...in fact, many members can answer such.

We generally discourage posting the same topic in two or more different forums/websites.  The major reason, IMO, is that conflicting suggestions can result, since the topic is in multiple locations...and "the answers" to the posted situation may not necessarily come from either of the websites.

Another problem that comes up is that the topic in any forum, at any website...may reflect comments/remarks which have nothing at all to do with concise delineation of the problem and the subsequent search for a solution.  Methods vary...some forums try to stay in focus on topics...some forums/websites do not care where the stated goes and/or who posts what to it.

If the topic is an open item at another website, I consider it rude for someone here to suggest anything.  If that topic is closed, that's another thing and the chances for misunderstanding are enhanced.

I suggest you post a concise summary narratove here at BC...in the appropriate forum...and someone witl take it from there.  Do not post any unrequested, unnecessary logs.  Do not post seeming malware issues in a hardware, O/S, or other forum.  Be concise and informative in your initial post here at BC.  Mention that you have posted in another forum but that said topic was closed and you were unable to find a solution...the gory details regrading what did or did not happen at another website...if pertientn, someone will ask about such.

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:24 AM

If a problem is directly related to a previous problem you have already you should post in the related topic.  You can find you topic by clicking on find content in your profile.  At the top of the forum page in the upper right portion of the screen you will see your username.  Move the pointer over this, My profile will appear, click on this, then Find content.

Any  thing unrelated to any previous posts you should create another topic for it.

Edited by dc3, 11 April 2016 - 10:52 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users