Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is Wondershare.com a trusted site

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dberan

dberan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 10 April 2016 - 02:25 PM

Is wondershare.com a trusted website that one could download software from?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bulgaristan

Bulgaristan

• Members
  • 278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 10 April 2016 - 02:27 PM

http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/wondershare.com

#3 dberan

dberan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2016 - 02:28 PM

Is there a difference between Wondershare.com and Wondershare.net?

#4 ZeldaYoshi

ZeldaYoshi

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 10 April 2016 - 02:47 PM

Never heard of Wondershare so I don't know it it's a trusted site but you can install Web Of Trust to your browser if it's not Microsoft Edge. It's an extension that tells you what people think about it weather if it's trusted or not.

https://www.mywot.com/

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,301 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2016 - 03:39 PM

Adware will be installed along with anything you download from those Wondershare sites.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 CmmTch

CmmTch

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2016 - 05:17 PM

WOT says the site has a poor reputation based on user ratings, link below to download WOT if you want.

https://www.mywot.com/

Steve

#7 ChiefTech

ChiefTech

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:14 PM

They make a ton of different types of software ripoff applications that usually work like crap and crash a lot. In my experience with them, they don't install adware with their applications.

Most people dislike them because you pay a premium for their software and its generally ripoff junk. While some of there programs are decent the majority of their stuff is sub par.

Edited by ChiefTech, 10 April 2016 - 06:16 PM.

#8 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:40 PM

All download sites have to make their $ from somewhere.

The most obvious source is from "stuff" added to their downloads.

So regardless of the name of the site.....be on your guard !!

btw....spam advisor raises a red flag with WOT.....whereas wondershare.com gets the green light from WOT

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#9 ChiefTech

ChiefTech

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:44 PM

Wondershare makes money by selling ripoff software and most of their software comes with trials. Most of the stuff I've installed rarely comes with adware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users