Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stratosaurus

Stratosaurus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 10 April 2016 - 01:15 PM

Good afternoon;

New to this forum, and I've a few problems (small, but irritating) on my Fujitsu Lifebook AH530 laptop.

Pentium P2600, 8G RAM, W7 OS.  It's about five years old, but still works very well, with the following exceptions.

1)  E: drive -- this drive will not recognize either CDs or DVDs.  I have tried to uninstall the drive in Device Manager, followed by an immediate re-boot.  This did get the drive to play one CD, but after shutting down the computer for the night and re-starting this morning, the drive will not recognize the CD.

2)  Webcam does not work, nor does built-in mic.

I also have a question regarding a HDD upgrade.  Currently, the standard HDD is a 320G non-SSD.  I would like to upgrade to a 500G or 1TB SSD.  Is it possible to clone the 320 to an external, powered enclosure which has the larger SSD, then install the SSD into the laptop without major hassles?

Any assistance would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance,

Stratosaurus

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 markba633csi

markba633csi

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:20 PM

Sounds like your DVD drive is toasted, they typically aren't repairable aside from blowing the dust out.

The camera issue could be driver related. See if there is a newer one available.

The cloning should work using Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper.

Mark S.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users