Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bad Image/0xc000012f, No Internet Access

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 zacloret711

zacloret711

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:36 PM

Hello all, I'm a newbie here to the forums but have had computer experience in the past and I am just at a stand still. About a week ago i began getting these Bad Image errors for certain things, mostly Update.exes, the area affected it says is C:\windows\system32\fwpuclnt, Error Status 0xc000012f. I have tried doing system restores in both normal and safe modes but to no avail. Skype will randomly start up and have to be forced closed. I do believe it is some kind of malware/virus, but perhaps a driver is missing or damaged(?). When pulling up msconfig i cannot enable/disable anything either. I have logs from TDSS, MBAM, FRST attached if that helps at all. Attached File  FRST.txt   43.35KB   1 downloadsAttached File  TDSSKiller.2.8.14.0_09.04.2016_15.51.14_log.txt   294.36KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Malwarebytes Log.txt   3.21KB   1 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2016 - 01:17 PM

If you'd like help with malware, please follow these instructions and post in our malware removal forum -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

#3 zacloret711

zacloret711
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2016 - 01:33 PM

I wasn't entirley sure it is a virus or malware, just an assumption, i will post there, and check back here aswell, thanks jcgriff2

#4 zacloret711

zacloret711
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:13 PM

I am currently recieving help with this, thank any and all for your time and patience with a newbie

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:28 PM

As the OP has started a topic in 'Virus, trojan, etc. logs' I am closing this topic to avoid confusion.

Zacloret - If you still have problems after your computer is determined to be clean you will be welcome to come back here and start another topic.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users