Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 download

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 deadeyejack

deadeyejack

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:19 AM

Started download 2 days ago after finally deciding to install it.  Have looked at symbol on my Toshiba laptop for months then tried my daughters version on her HP laptop and decided I could do this.  Well waited approx 8 hours of watching the thing-a-mabob go around and finally stopped it.  Started it again a few days ago and watched the same go around for 22 hours!!!!!!!!   No nothing or interruptions so finally quit again.  Any words of wisdom from someone please?  I am running Windows 7 Home Premium.  Can supply Toshiba info if needed.  Thank you

Jim K at mar.jack@charter.net

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:56 AM

Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and download the Media Creation Tool.  Run it and download the ISO and burn it to a DVD.  Then put the DVD in the PC you want to upgrade.  It will ask you a few questions, then run 30 - 40 min., reboot a couple of times and within an hour or two you'll be up and running.  Be sure you're up to date on Windows Updates before starting.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 10 April 2016 - 01:04 PM

I agree with Niweg, just use the media creation tool and download a fresh ISO. With that ISO you can do any kind of upgrade or clean install that you'd like. I would recommend a clean install using the ISO. There are many people here that can help you out along the way.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users