Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advice For PC.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xPRDGY

xPRDGY

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:42 PM

Hello, I'm new to PC gaming and I want a decent pc .

Here's what I have in mind:
60200 AMD 8 Core/8gb DDR3 Gaming RAM/1tb Solid State Hybrid Drive/NVidia GTX 960 2gb gaming graphics card/Windows 10 Home 64bit/wireless ready.

What's good and what's bad?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 10 April 2016 - 07:15 AM

Custom build would be better. Hybrid drives are never good and PSU is probably cheapest model. Also GTX960 has poor price/performance ratio.

#3 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 15 April 2016 - 02:30 PM

Hybrid drives are never good 

This a misconception. Hybrid drives are very stable and strong, but they have the catch that they have to be used as the systems main drive. The SSD cache on it doesn't work correctly if it's not the C: drive and will be extremely slow if you use it for anything else. 

The miss conception comes form people ignorantly buying them to be used as a stand alone storage drives because they had put no for fought research into the drives use beforehand. 

Also GTX960 has poor price/performance ratio.

Yeah only bother with the GTX 950 or GTX 970 if it's an option. 

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

#4 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 16 April 2016 - 06:32 AM

I have a 2TB hybrid as my C: drive. No, it's not as fast as a real SSD but it is faster than my old HDD and I'm happy with it. I also have the GTX 950, while I know it not the kick butt card, it does a very good job.

Edited by Wildabeast, 16 April 2016 - 06:33 AM.

"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users