Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 10

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 robin65

robin65

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:30 PM

I opened my computer and it was saying shutting down with blue screen I can't get it to do anything. Can't go back or forward it just says shutting down. How can I shut it down when I can't cut it on to see anything just saying shutting down I tried to cut it off but it want do it.please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CmmTch

CmmTch

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:22 AM

Hi robin65, can you please be a little more specific, you say "when I opened my computer" do you mean you opened the "my computer" icon on your computer desktop, or you opened the lid on a laptop?

What happens when you try to turn it off using the power button? You can unplug it if it's a desktop, or remove the battery if it's a laptop to get it turned off.

Once you get it powered down you can then turn it back on and see if it comes up.

Also, do you remember what exactly the computer was doing just before this happened, that could be important answering the question why it did this in the first place.

Steve

#3 boomdig

boomdig

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:18 PM

I went through this same problem when I first installed Windows 10. I downloaded a bootable Windows 10 USB drive. Ran through all of its' options and chose to reinstall Windows 10 saving my files and programs. It took quite a while and several restarts but I got to a screen that said to remove the USB drive and allow computer to boot up in regular mode. I couldn't boot into safe mode or anything as my mouse and keyboard a both USB. They hadn't booted up at the time I kept running into the restart screen. Anyway, that fixed the problem. I don't have an address handy for where I downloaded the bootable version but I imagine if you Google it, you will find it.

#4 CmmTch

CmmTch

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:38 PM

Check this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 from here http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2267-windows-10-upgrade-installation.html by Brink.

The link is from step #4 of the tutorial.

Steve

#5 CmmTch

CmmTch

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:42 PM

Also download Tech Bench iso here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users