Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to change name on a flash drive?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Twin B

Twin B

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:56 PM

On my iMac running 10.6.8, how to I change the name on the removable drive? Thanks. 

I've learned blood is not thicker than money. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:33 PM

On my iMac running 10.6.8, how to I change the name on the removable drive? Thanks.

There are two easy ways to do it.

If you have it set to show the drive icon on the Desktop in the Finder, then click on the drive icon once to "highlight" the drive. Wait a second then click on the text of the drive name below the drive icon. This will result in the text being highlighted. You should then be able to type the new name of the drive and hit "return" to "accept" the name change.

The second way is to open a Finder window. Find the name of the mounted drive along the sidebar. Right-click on the drive and there should be a pop-up menu with the option to "Rename <drivename>", where <drivename> is the current hame of the drive. Selecting that option will highlight the drive name. Then type the new name and hit "return".

#3 Twin B

Twin B
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:31 PM

It worked. Thanks smax. 

Joe

I've learned blood is not thicker than money. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users