Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Its back again

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dragongirl

Dragongirl

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:08 PM

Microsfot is getting either extremely stupid, or just plain relentless in trying toget Windows 7 users to upgrade, they're not stopping their pushing of ten. They just re-re-re-re-re-released the stupid update of KB-2952664 which installs the files for windows ten trash. I just hid it again, thankfully however it is listed in the OPTIONAL updates area

thank goodness I keep my machine set up to NOTIFY ME of updates but to lt me pick which to install.

The kitten that used to be linked to here in this signature now has her forever home!! Thank you for taking the time to read this signature!

"This is the coolest place I've ever been, and I've only been alive for three days!" ~ Figment

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:47 PM

Optional updates...of all sorts occur all the time.

IMO, most of them should never be downloaded/installed...but many users don't seem to know that "optional" is equivalent to "not really necessary."

I don't even bother to ever review "optional updates" unless it's strictly out of curiosity to see what some users are mindlessly installing on their systems without ever considering whether the install will be of some benefit or not.

Louis

#3 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 09 April 2016 - 10:26 PM

I opt to install all updates (except Bing desktop).

No real reason why; I just always have. I guess with 1/2 dozen+ systems here with the kiddies, it's just easier.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users