Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random BSOD IRQ not less or EQUAL and WHEA Unrecoverable error

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jokerzero

jokerzero

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 09 April 2016 - 02:40 PM

Hi,

Ive been getting these for a couple of weeks now. Tried a lot of things - Intel CPU test works fine, stress testing the GPU no problems, memtest86 no problems,

System:

I7 6700K

ASUS Maximus Hero VIII

16Gb DDR4

780ti

2 SSD

2Tb segate

1 Tb drive

Coolermaster 700W modular PSU

Perform hangs on "collecting data for 60 seconds" but dump files attached. 

Pulling my hair out here so any help appreciated.

Its a clean install windows 10 64bit

Tried windows reset

Updated to latest mobo BIOS

Double checked all drivers

Booted clean - no services other than MS running.

Still getting BSOD.

Thanks

Trev

Attached Files

Edited by jokerzero, 09 April 2016 - 02:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ron_

Ron_

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2016 - 02:53 PM

Try uninstalling old programs. Reboot.

Update your drivers. http://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php (Free Product) Rebbot.

Open computer case and clean it. Try to look if any hardware is loose. Take out the GPU and put back in. Take out your RAM clean and put it back in. 

Hope it helps.

#3 Ron_

Ron_

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2016 - 02:59 PM

Start eliminating hardware One by One. Reboot and check if the bosd returns. 

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 09 April 2016 - 03:14 PM

Stay away from Driver Booster and other 3rd party driver update utilities.

Not only will these programs try to tell you that your drivers are out of date, they will indiscriminately suggest driver downloads from sites not associated with the manufacturer of the original drivers. All drivers should be downloaded from the manufacturer's website.

Those utilities will claim that updating drivers will make your computer run better and faster.
From here https://vcompremium.com/why-you-should-not-use-automatic-driver-update-software/

The final line is no driver will boost your computer. When there is a new driver released, it is for fixing common bugs in the old driver architecture. If you are experiencing problems and need to update a driver, we would always recommended updating the specific driver instead of looking for all-in-one driver updater software.

All-in-one Driver Update Software manufacturers will tell you that if you keep all your drivers up to date, your system will run faster and your performance will heighten. And here is the slight difference between the truth and the marketing of these software companies. Often, the goal of the driver updater software is not to keep your drivers up to date, that is secondary … the real aim is to get you to install the other applications and programs that they bundle into their installers, this is known as “Foistware”. The author of the program is paid by the Foistware makers to include their program in his program installer. Therefore, you end up installing one product that contained 3 or 4 others that will usually start using up your system’s resources. Also, most of them will ask you for money in order to unlock more benefits and super boosting tools – all totally false claims.

Driver updates are released free from every hardware manufacturer. And this brings up the question where do these programs download their drivers from? Are they really downloading the drivers from the manufacturer? Who knows? We believe we do. We’ve tested a great number of these Driver Update programs. On a fresh installation of Windows, with the most recent drivers from the manufacturer, the program reports that 80% of drivers were outdated and need to be updated.

#5 Ron_

Ron_

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2016 - 03:27 PM

I used that software a week ago. Works superfine. I will never ever offer a software i did not used and know. 

#6 jokerzero

jokerzero
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2016 - 04:07 PM

System is a new build.

All drivers are up to date and inside of new case is very clean.

Thanks for the suggestions though. 

#7 Ron_

Ron_

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2016 - 04:42 PM

In the BIOS do you run in optimal settings or normal! If optimal try to set it back to normal. If you overclock try to set the processor to its factory settings.

I also suggest to go to Device Manager  and disable conflicting hardware devices.

Edited by Ron_, 09 April 2016 - 04:44 PM.

#8 jokerzero

jokerzero
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2016 - 03:50 AM

MOBO settings are all stock. Its been pointed out that the DDR4 RAM modules are running slower than specified.

Device manager shows no problems

thanks

Trev

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users