Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems With Sleep On New Windows Preview Build 14316

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,928 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:06 PM

Hello All,
I never had problems before with this computer and testing different preview builds, but this new one has really given me some sleep issues. The computer does not automatically go to sleep so I have to manually make it go to sleep. That is just one issue and not the big issue.

When I wake up my computer the computer physically wakes up, the fans turn and the monitor comes on and everything, but Windows 10 does not come back on. Instead there is a picture of a beach scene except that it is a negative, not like a real picture. I can not get Windows 10 to activate by hitting any keys, ctl + alt + delete, escape or anything. My only recourse is to restart my computer by using a physical switch on the front of the computer.

This problem began the day after I installed the newest build and I don't know what to do about it. Any help would be appreciated.

Rocky Bennett

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,928 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:01 AM

Well I think that I fixed the problem. I really think that the issue had to do with installing Ubuntu BASH onto my system. I thought about it and I thought about it, and installing BASH is when this problem began. Luckily I had created a restore point right before I installed BASH so I just restored my system to the point right before Ubuntu was installed onto my Windows 10 machine.

For right now everything looks good. Sleep is working and waking it up works fine. Oh well, nothing ventured and nothing gained.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 Bulgaristan

Bulgaristan

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:11 AM

Get confused with the boot loader I think =) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users