- Certain sites won't load. Airbnb and wikipedia are two examples. Others work fine.
- The browser shows "establishing secure connection" then eventually times out.
- The problem exists across devices and OS: a recently-updated iPad air 2, two different android cell phones, and an ASUS laptop running windows 10.
- As stated, the problem is across multiple device formats and OS.
- The problem disappears on other wifi networks or when using a mobile data connection (on the phone, or as a hotspot).
- Some sites do load. This forum, for example. Google search works. So does youtube. My school's moodle works (moodle.is.ed.ac.uk/my/).
- I am at an Airbnb stay in Bosnia. The wireless router plugs into a powerline ethernet adapter. The other end of that (another powerline adapter in an outlet in another room) connects to a POE/LAN junction which then connects (POE end) to a modem/router-sized box (powered by a 12V DC adapter in the house, via the POE connection) strapped to a mast outside the house that also supports a sat dish and an antenna. There appears to be only one cable coming from that box - the one going to the POE port.
- Resetting/power cycling the router, both powerline adapters, and the 12V POE adapter.
- Using a different router (we have a RAVpower charger/router)
- Putting a router on the first line in, after the POE connection (ie. removing the powerline devices from the equation)
- The airbnb host called the ISP and they said it "looks fine" from their end
- I asked the airbnb host to call the ISP to request an IP reset.
Any ideas? I'm here for a week, maybe two, and need to complete a final assignment for a masters course. I'm quite motivated to get this to work.