Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Appdata/Local/Temp filled quicky by a process replicating himself every 4 minute

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 gxrald

gxrald

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 09 April 2016 - 04:58 AM

Hi everyone !

I have a problem very close to the one described there :

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/dismhostexe-recreating-itself-every-few-minutes-in/c9264db5-1e8d-4153-a59c-0790fe3cb8a5?auth=1

Except I run windows 10, and I wasn't able to solve it the way Wonderous did.

My system drive fills up quickly, and I have identified that my AppData/Local/Temp folder is the one inflating.

When the PC is idle, one folder with random name (GUID ?) appears every 4 minutes. Each folder is identical and contains a separate instance of Dism Host Servicing process which I can see is running in the task manager. If I let the folder grows, it can mount to several gigs a week, plus it is long to erase because lot of small files (.dll mostly).

Wonderous made the link with Windows Defender auto clean process. Indeed, going into the task sheduler I can see that the tasks related to Windows Defender are in error. Even by running manually them (successfully), or deactivate them, the Dism process continues to replicate when the PC is idle.

I am stuck... any ideas ??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users