Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black screen with cursor and finally BSOD

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Proweb052

Proweb052

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 08 April 2016 - 02:43 PM

Hello. I've problem with my OS Windows 7 SP1 x64. Few days ago I've black screen with cursor (CTRL+ALT+DEL don't work). I replaced cmd.exe and utilman.exe. After system start I logged out, and I used WIN+U and started cmd. I created new user account and at new account everything was fine except malware i supposed. Then I used COMBOFIX and after scanning, system didn't start. Combofix deleted few system files but it didn't replaced them. Windows Auto-Repair found few errors, missing or corrupted files, but it can't repair. I replaced them those files manually from W7 DVD. After that i have Blue Screen with STOP: 0x000000007B (0xFFFFF880009A97E8, 0XFFFFFFFFC00000034, 0X00000000000000, 0X00000000000000). I tried to repair mbr through cmd via bootrec, and manually via BCD. I can't do anything like SFC or DISM. CHKDKS /f /r didin't fix anything. I've tried everything but i can't install new OS because i have few important things in this computer (programs). It must be work properly.

After sfc /scannow /offbootdir=C:\ /offwindir=C:\ once i have pending repair, once security resouces function can't run repair service.

After dism /image:C: /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth - i have error 87

Bootrec.exe /buildbcd shows 0 OS found

Bootrec.exe /scanos shows 0 OS found

I have FRST report but i don't see anything wrong.

Attached File  FRST.txt   25.2KB   1 downloads

Edited by Proweb052, 08 April 2016 - 02:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 09 April 2016 - 03:49 PM

Start with these free diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

If the hard drive is dead/dying and fails the diagnostics - then you must immediately backup your stuff.

Beyond that, let us know the results of the diagnostics and we'll move on from there.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Proweb052

Proweb052
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2016 - 03:59 PM

To be honest i've check my hardware twice with other tools and everything was ok. I think the problem is in the Windows, and maybe with partitions configuration. But ok, I'll check it tomorrow again with http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html. Meanwhile please consider another options of system repair.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:50 PM

If you've tried other things, what other things have you tried?

I can only make suggestions based on the information that you provide.

So, having tested your hardware with other tools really doesn't tell me much.

What would you like me to tell you?

For example, there's no substitute for a hard drive diagnostic.

Chkdsk only tests the file system on the hard drive - not the hard drive itself.

And SMART isn't a diagnostic, rather it's a predictive technology (and is wrong as often as it is right).

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Proweb052

Proweb052
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2016 - 11:43 AM

I checked it and like I said, HDD is fine. It's just Windows files problem or partitioning.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users