Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java issue with Carbonite

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 3hearts

3hearts

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:53 PM

I noticed that access to my Carbonite back ups had dissappeared. After working with Carbonite tech support and a remote access session I was informed that my problem stemmed from a Java issue in Internet Explorer. They uninstalled Carbonite and advised me to get the problem fixed and reinstall.  My desktop has Windows 7 , Internet Explorer 11 and Java 7 update 40. What would you recommend? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Note: I am not very tech savvy.

Edited by hamluis, 17 April 2016 - 11:17 AM.
Moved from Programming to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ChiefTech

ChiefTech

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:02 PM

Umm. I'm pretty sure if you're paying for their backup service it's pretty much their responsibility to get their software running on your machine. I've never had issues with their tech support fixing issues for clients. I would recommend going over to Java.com and installing the latest version of Java. When it asks at the end, uninstall the previous versions of Java that were installed. Also consider doing a scan with malwarebytes and your antivirus software as well as cleaning your temp files with something like ccleaner.
Once you have done all that open an elevated command prompt and run sfc /scannow. Once the sfc command has finished try the Install again.

If you can't get the problem solved you should call them back and have them submit a ticket number and transfer you to a higher level technician.

Edited by ChiefTech, 09 April 2016 - 06:06 PM.

#3 3hearts

3hearts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:27 PM

ChiefTech, I cannot get Java to install. I go to Java.com, hit download. I never get a prompt to install. Task manager shows download running but nothing ever happens. I uninstalled all Java programs and tried again several times to install new Java without success. What next. I have cleaned and scanned my computer.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,284 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2016 - 11:20 AM

FWIW:  https://java.com/en/download/help/windows_manual_download.xml

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users